COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS LIVING IN CHC APARTMENT BUILDINGS
Posted: March 30, 2020
March 30, 2020
The health and well-being of our tenants and employees continue to be our priority.
- CHC is increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in the high-traffic areas of our buildings.
- We have temporarily closed common areas to support social distancing, and are encouraging residents to follow health care recommendations to limit close contact with others.
We all have a role to play in reducing the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Practice social distancing by maintaining 2 metres (6 feet) of space between yourself and those around you. Limit the number of people you come into contact with.
- The Ontario Government has limited crowds or gatherings to 5 people. (Essential businesses, families and child care facilities are exempt.)
- Wash your hands frequently. Sneeze and cough into your arm or into a tissue, and dispose of the tissue immediately.
- On March 25, 2020 the Minister Health announced that any person entering Canada by air, sea or land must self-isolate for 14 days whether or not they have symptoms of COVID-19. The Government of Canada will use its authority under the Quarantine Act to ensure compliance with the order.
- Avoid crowded elevators when possible, wait for an empty one if you can. Wash your hands after using the elevator.
- Resident are encouraged to limit the number of guests at this time to ensure the health and safety of everyone in the building.
- Do not invite guests to the building who are recently returning to Canada from a foreign country, remind them they are to self-isolate for 14 days.
- All residents need to support the social distancing recommendations from our healthcare leaders, including limiting social gatherings in the common areas of the buildings.
- Limit your use of shared laundry facilities and try to use them at off-peak times. CHC will endeavor to conduct more frequent cleaning with disinfecting products.
- CHC has temporarily closed all shared amenities in your buildings like common rooms, party rooms, craft rooms and the library, to be re-opened as soon as deemed safe.
- Avoid using the mailroom at the same time as other residents.