Windsor Essex Community Housing Corporation - logo

CHC News & Updates

Federal Government - What is the Canada Emergency Response Benefit?

Posted: April 1, 2020

If you have lost income because of COVID-19, the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) will provide you with temporary income support.

The CERB will provide you with $500 a week for up to 16 weeks.

Target date of  April 6, 2020 as the date when the federal government  can start accepting applications.

How to apply

Service Canada and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) deliver this benefit jointly. You can apply through one or the other, but not both. If you have already applied for Employment Insurance, you do not need to re-apply.

 For more information please visit: