Have your say on the Regional Energy Plan it is the next step on our climate action journey
Posted: September 15, 2020
We will make a difference!
And have your say.
Essex County is developing a Regional Energy Plan (REP) and we need your help! The REP will suggest ways for residents, business and industry to use energy more efficiently.
The REP will help Essex County spend less on energy and keep more money in the local community. It will help our region meet our climate priorities while benefitting our local economy and quality of life for people who live here.
What We Know So Far:
- Transportation and greenhouses (as a major component of the local economy) use the most energy in Essex Region;
- The amount of energy used in the average home in Essex County is more than twice global best practice;
- Greenhouse gas emissions are about five times global best practices per person;
- The community currently spends over $800M on all types of energy, most of which leaves the County.
- We are looking for your input to help shape the vision, principles and priorities to include in our plan. Please take 15 minutes to complete the following questions. Your contributions are valuable!
Visit the link below to help guide our Regional Energy Plan
Regional Energy Plan Survey
The development of a Regional Energy Plan is the next step on this climate action journey.