The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit is expanding booking for COVID-19 vaccination appointments at targeted vaccination clinics to individuals:
· 40 years of age and older who live in “hot spot” postal codes of N8X, N8Y, N9A, N9B, N9C, N8H, N9Y;
· Individuals 40 years of age and older with at risk medical conditions (see below); and
· Child care workers in licensed child care settings across Windsor and Essex County.
· Individuals 40 years of age and older with ‘at risk’ medical conditions must be diagnosed with, and be receiving treatment for, one of the following health conditions to be eligible for vaccination.
· Immune deficiencies/autoimmune disorders
· Stroke/cerebrovascular disease
· Liver disease
· All other cancers
· Respiratory diseases
· Spleen problems (e.g., asplenia)
· Heart disease
· Hypertension with end organ damage
· Diagnosis of mental disorder
· Substance use disorders
· Sickle Cell Disease
· Immunocompromising health conditions
Eligible residents may book an appointment online at wevax.ca or by calling the vaccination booking call centre at 226-773-2200.
Everyone that schedules an appointment will be asked to attest that they are eligible to book an appointment.
They will also be asked to bring a health card or any government-issued photo ID (if they do not have a health card) to confirm their appointment. Examples of acceptable government-issued photo ID include a driver's license, a passport, a Status Card, or other provincial health card. Licensed child care workers will also be required to bring proof of employment.
Public Health takes vaccine prioritization seriously. Providing false information may result in cancellation of your appointment. For more information about COVID-19 vaccines, please visit www.wevax.ca or subscribe to receive email updates from the Windsor Essex County Health Unit about COVID-19 vaccines.