ENWIN Warning Customers About Scam Calls and Visits
Posted: June 28, 2022
Customers being warned of phone calls and door to door visits threatening to disconnect service
June 24, 2022
Windsor, ON: ENWIN Utilities Ltd. (ENWIN) is alerting customers to potential scam attempts. Residents have reported receiving calls and/or visits from individuals claiming to represent ENWIN, and advising that the customer is in immediate threat of disconnection if they do not pay fees through a list of kiosks within the Windsor area, or by direct cash.
ENWIN asks that if any customer is contacted to call the non-emergency Windsor Police line at (519) 258-6111.
ENWIN encourages customers to be vigilant against scam attempts by following these tips:
- If someone comes to your home or place of business claiming to be an ENWIN employee, ask for photo ID and if in doubt, call ENWIN to verify at 519-255-2727. ENWIN employees will not demand fees to be paid onsite.
- Don’t call phone numbers provided to you in an email or voicemail. Instead, call ENWIN directly at 519-255-2727. ENWIN does not have a 1-800 phone number.
- Never make a payment for a charge that isn’t listed on your most recent bill.
- Never share personal information about your bills or finances with a stranger.
- If you feel unsafe, call Windsor Police Service or 911.
For more information on fraud prevention, visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/report-scam-or-fraud or follow ENWIN on Twitter @ENWINUtilities.